Another Gordon aims for football stardom
His father was one of Norwich City's all time greats, and now Remy Gordon could be the next generation of the family to star at Carrow Road.The 15-year-old Flegg High School student moved a step closer to achieving his dream, winning a scholarship with the club this week.
His father was one of Norwich City's all time greats, and now Remy Gordon could be the next generation of the family to star at Carrow Road.
The 15-year-old Flegg High School student moved a step closer to achieving his dream, winning a scholarship with the club this week.
He is hoping to emulate the achievements of dad Dale, who made more than 250 appearances for the Canaries back in the 1980s.
A left-sided full-back and midfielder, Remy started playing at his dad's Caister-based soccer academy before joining City's under-12 academy team.
Much has changed since Gordon senior signed as an apprentice with City nearly 30 years ago.
He said: “Remy will still have to clean the first team players' boots and get their kit out, but there are some fantastic facilities at the club now.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 9 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
“He will be well looked after, go to college once a week and encouraged to eat all the right foods - but he does that anyway.
“This is something Remy has achieved under his own steam - he has so much desire, works so hard and deserves all his success.
“My wife, Lisa, has made so many sacrifices to make this possible and we are proud and delighted for him, as any parents would be.”
Pictured are Dale and Lisa Gordon with son Remy.