Atlanta and Oliver in 13 gold medal haul for Yarmouth Swimming Club at Ipswich
Great Yarmouth Swimming Club members reaped rich rewards from the Ipswich Open Meet at the weekend.
With races in all strokes over four age groups, there were plenty of medals to be had. Great Yarmouth came away with 22 first places, six seconds, 10 thirds, and nine fourth places.
Atlanta Jarvis led the way with seven firsts and one second, Oliver Tedstone was close behind with six firsts and one second.
Swimming as well as ever was Charlie Smith with four first places, joining in the fray Alexander Goff came home with three firsts four thirds and a fourth.
Casting specs aside Daniel Henderson found his way to one first and two seconds, Nadia Wright came home fast for her first place in the 50m Backstroke and one second place and three fourths.
You may also want to watch:
Jenna Martin just missed out in the 50m Backstroke with a second place. Melina Burwood showed excellent control and stamina for a young swimmer to come second in the 200m Fly.
Good swimming to gain places in the first four came from Bethany Burwood (two thirds and a fourth), Hannah Ingham (one third one fourth), Grace Leech (one third one fourth), Tom Smith (one third), Katherine Turton (one fourth) and Jake Honey (one fourth).
- 1 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 6 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 10 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
East Region Qualifying Times were gained by Atlanta Jarvis, Charlie Smith and Daniel Henderson in their respective events.
There was excellent support for the one hour postal swim at the high school and it was good to see the elderly members of the club taking part.
To join the club ring Nigel 01493 377906.