Attree sparkles with a brace as Acle claim the derby honours
- Credit: PA
Acle United came away from Trafford Park with all three points following a 3-1 win in a confident display that saw Jordan Attree bag a brace and Ian Morgan a far-post header.
The As played up the slope and against a strong wind in the first half but despite the difficult conditions had the lion’s share of the game.
Attree was having his best game for the champions since his move to Bridewell Lane and after playing a one-two his shot was blocked.
Forder then tricked his way into the box before seeing his shot well saved by the keeper.
The referee was having a good game, but still found time to book seven players as the derby boiled over at times.
Wroxham began to come into the game and Taylor saw his shot deflected wide for a corner. In the 41st minute Acle skipper Forman cleared the ball deep into the Wroxham half for man of the match Attree to win the ball and after beating his defender plant the ball low into the home goal to give United a 1-0 advantage to take into the break.
On 53 minutes Attree doubled the lead for Acle as he headed home much to the delight of the fans who had made the trip.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 6 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 7 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
- 8 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 9 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
With the benefit of a strong wind at their backs Acle played some flowing football and with Faulkes and Smith dominant at the back United looked in total control.
Scott Forman put in Saunders from a long clearance but the Acle winger was pulled up for helping the ball on with his hand. Morgan, Gibbons and Forder were excellent in midfield and following a succession of fouls by Wroxham players, Daniel Forman’s free kick was nodded over by Attree.
Forman then saw a free kick headed out from under the bar before a third from yet another infringement saw Morgan head home to put the As in a commanding 3-0 lead.
Attree was denied his hat-trick when he shot narrowly wide but in the final minute a deflected clearance from Faulkes saw the ball rebound in the path of Robinson, for the Yachtsman to score a consolation goal with seconds left on the clock.
Acle: S Foreman, McCabe, D Foreman, Smith, Faulkes, Gibbons, Sandell (Peacock), Morgan (J Foreman), Attree, Forder, Sanders (Wiley).
Acle entertain league leaders Spixworth at Bridewell Lane tomorrow at 2.30pm.