Aussies show their skills
Australian futsal club The Vikings U15 girls team visited Freethorpe FC as part of their nationwide tour.The Vikings are a massive club in Australia.
Australian futsal club The Vikings U15 girls team visited Freethorpe FC as part of their nationwide tour.
The Vikings are a massive club in Australia. As a reward for excellence among their players they embark on several international tours each year.
Freethorpe FC, as the administrators of the East Norfolk Futsal League, were selected for a visit as they are the pioneers of the game in Norfolk.
A party of 12 arrived at Freethorpe FC after travelling from Wales, six players and six adults including a excellent lady Futsal coach.
The Freethorpe FC girls were then involved in a very well structured two-hour training session which culminated in a mixed match.
Observing the quality and the content of the training session proved there is much to learn about this great game in this country.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 4 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 5 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
- 8 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 9 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
The Freethorpe girls were inspired by the session and had a very enjoyable time playing with their visitors from Down Under, quickly mixing well and making new friends.
A short photo shoot followed the exchange of gifts between clubs and a bite to eat with stories being exchanged concluded a pleasant and informative afternoon.
The Australians suggested Freethorpe sort some Futsal matches out with the Welsh teams, as they think nothing of a six hour drive for a game!