Award for Hemsby cricketer
HEMSBY Cricket Club all- rounder Liam Boylan received the Lucas Fettes and Partners Player of the Month award for August.Boylan won the Norfolk Cricket League accolade for a series of impressive performances with bat and ball.
HEMSBY Cricket Club all- rounder Liam Boylan received the Lucas Fettes and Partners Player of the Month award for August.
Boylan won the Norfolk Cricket League accolade for a series of impressive performances with bat and ball.
In five matches he bowled 58 overs, taking 16 wickets at an average of nine, and scored 177 runs at an average of 88.5 for the Division Five champions.
Highlights were an unbeaten 88 against Happisburgh A and five wickets plus 48 not out against Hardingham A.
He said: “I have had a really good season with both bat and ball and I am delighted that as a team we have achieved promotion as champions.
“I would very much like to thank our chairman Richard Hudson for everything he has done for the club, and we are all already looking forward to next season.”
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 Gorleston traders remain positive despite cost of living crisis
Boylan received his award from Lucas Fettes and Partners director and head of financial services Mark Brown.
He said: “It is great to see an all-rounder winning the award this month. Taking 16 wickets in the month is no small achievement in itself, but to back this up with runs as well shows that Liam is a very accomplished player.”
The winner of the Young Player of the Month award was 19-year-old James Tuthill from Aldborough Cricket Club.