Awards double for Bloaters' duo
Two of Great Yarmouth Town's up and coming footballers claimed a notable double at the Bloaters' 2009 Awards Night held at Legends Bar.Dominic Smith was chosen for the Fred Smith Most Promising Player of the Season Trophy, and also picked up the Youth team manager's Player of the Season award.
Two of Great Yarmouth Town's up and coming footballers claimed a notable double at the Bloaters' 2009 Awards Night held at Legends Bar.
Dominic Smith was chosen for the Fred Smith Most Promising Player of the Season Trophy, and also picked up the Youth team manager's Player of the Season award. He was a driving force from midfield in the Youth team and also contributed significantly to the first team.
Jake Reed was chosen by the Youth team players as their Player of the Season, and he also picked up the club's Golden Boot award which is given to the club player scoring the most goals in the season - he notched 30 for the Youth team and another eight for the first team.
Two of the senior players picked up the Sportsmanship Awards but it was close with several players in contention. Mark Thompson received the Aubrey Darmody Memorial Trophy, while Oliver Savage received the Simon Scott-Greenard Memorial Trophy.
Other player awards were: first team manager's POY Adrian Ager, reserve team manager's POY Jamie Miller. First team Players' POY Alan Darby, Reserve team Players' POY Fernando Vide. First team Supporters' POY Michael Hilton, Reserve team Supporters' POY Ross Catchpole, and Youth team Supporters' POY Joe Bell.
The players showed their appreciation of some of the club's unsung heroes by presenting the ladies' hospitality team with special bouquets, while the club's two sports injury therapists, Terry Reeves and Marianne McNally, both received sports watches from the players in thanks for the way the pair have helped them this season with their skilled treatment of injuries.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 8 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
A very special award was made to club secretary/treasurer Brian Smith for his many years devoted service and sheer hard work. Before joining the main committee, Brian was a leading light in the Supporters' Club, while his father Fred was gateman for many years before him.
Pre-season training starts on Monday, June 22 at the Wellesley ground, 6.45pm.