Away point for title chasers Acle
Brandon Town 3, Acle United 3ACLE made the long trip south to play Brandon in the quest for league championship points but were caught napping after 10 minutes as their hosts took the lead following early United pressure that didn't reap a final reward.
Brandon Town 3, Acle United 3
ACLE made the long trip south to play Brandon in the quest for league championship points but were caught napping after 10 minutes as their hosts took the lead following early United pressure that didn't reap a final reward.
Brown had a shot excellently saved by Scott Foreman but the ball fell to Sibierski who made no mistake from close range.
Fine play between Nobbs and Fruin worked a half-chance for Acle's captain Nicholls but his effort finished the wrong side of an upright.
After 37 minutes Nicholls picked out Fruin who directed his delicate header into the path of Thompson, who drove home the equaliser.
With half-time beckoning Brandon's Brown, seemingly from on offside position, slid the ball past Foreman.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 5 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 6 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 9 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 10 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
The second period saw Acle push captain Nicholls further forward and this proved a shrewd move by manager Ward when Nicholls equalised after being picked out from a Foreman free-kick.
This brought a lengthy period of domination and only some brilliant saves by keeper Curson kept Brandon in with a shout.
After 94 minutes Kent put Town ahead for the third time in a goalmouth scramble but Acle's Nicholls volleyed a fine shot past Curson only for the official to ruleitm out for offside.
Acle's pressure was finally rewarded when Morgan created some space on the left before crossing for Thompson to rush in and hammer Acle's deserved third of the game.
Acle are now third in the Anglian Combination championship race in a tight finish involving up to eight teams.
Tomorrow, Acle entertain
top-five side Loddon United.