Bad day for Ang Com champions as highflyers complete a double
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Harleston Town completed the double over Acle after an impressive second half display saw the visitors run out comfortable 5-0 winners on Saturday.
After a fairly even start to the game, Acle created the first chance but Attree’s shot was wide of the post.
Only the woodwork saved the visitors on 15 minutes, Sanders shot across the Harleston goal hit the post and rebounded straight to the keeper. However, it was Harleston who took the lead three minutes later. S Foreman in the home goal was unable to hold a fierce shot and Delaney was the quickest to react to beat the home keeper.
As the half progressed, the visitors gained the ascendancy playing some neat football with crisp passing. Only a fine save by Foreman from a snap-shot by Roberts prevented Harleston from doubling their lead, whilst at the other end, a shot across the face of the goal by Gibbons just crept past the post.
The visitors started the brighter of the two sides in the second half but despite their territorial and possession advantage they did not test the home keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Around the hour mark, a quick free kick taken by Acle almost caught out Harleston, the ball finding Sandell unmarked in the penalty area, but the Acle player, rather than shooting, cut inside and was dispossessed. Just a minute later, the roles were reversed, this time Blythe beating the onrushing Foreman to double Harleston’s lead.
On 72 minutes, it was 3-0, when a good move saw the ball played square to Passey, who easily beat Foreman. The visitors were in total control and a quick move down the right saw the ball played inside to Roberts, whose delicate chip over the onrushing Foreman found an unguarded goal.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 7 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
Guyton replaced L Gibbons for Acle and the substitute was soon into the action having a shot blocked after cutting inside, but that was as good as it got for the hosts. In added time, a loose ball was picked up by Harleston substitute Russell who fired home.
Acle: S Foreman, Gibbons (Guyton), Curran, McCabe, Faulkes, Gibbons, A Sanders, Morgan, Attree, Sandell, Wiley. Subs: Collins-Reed, Saka.
Acle make the short trip to Trafford Park this evening to face Wroxham Reserves at 7.30pm.