Battles on the tables
Table Tennis: St Johns B played a strong team against King's Church B and won all ten games. In a very close match King's Church A just pipped Hospital Dynamoes thanks to three from Thomas Baxter.
Table Tennis: St Johns B played a strong team against King's Church B and won all ten games.
In a very close match King's Church A just pipped Hospital Dynamoes thanks to three from Thomas Baxter.
Ray Lee won three and this helped St Johns A to an 8-2 victory over Gorleston Conservatives. The Con Club then ground out a 5-5 draw when they met Hospital Sparks, young Louis Woolston had an excellent win over the experienced Brendan Green and then Albert Cadmore and Malcolm Vasey overturned a deficit of 8-17 in the first game of the doubles to win 26-24/28-30/21-19.
Hospital Police were too strong against the Gorleston Club and with Nick Calver and Tony Shaw gaining maximums they won 8-2.
Kings Church Crusaders with Curtis Beales unbeaten tried hard to beat ENSFC B but eventually went down 4-6.
ENSFC A met King's Church C who could only muster two players and they won 9-1. Kings then met Caister Com A and although Mathew Smith won at 17 in the third against Malcolm King the score ended up Caister winning nine games to one.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 4 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 10 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
The College A team then met Hospital Telecom but went down by the narrowest margin six games to four. Telecom could not follow up their win when they met Caister A but ground out a hard fought draw.
Caister C A B had Charlie Hacon, Gavin Brewer and Tyler Harrison unstoppable and they won 10-0 against Hospital Claydon.
Michael Harvey and John Smith led their team Mill Lane Beacons to a 9-1 victory when they met King's Church C.
Thomas Turrell had a good win over Louis Woolston but could not stop Claydon from beating King's Church D 9-1.
Week beginning January 11 sees the spring pairs competition swing into place - paperwork is now ready for distribution.