Battling Blair lifts Gorleston’s Fell Cup
A healthy field of 97 entries participated in the Arthur Fell Cup on Easter Sunday as the only singles bogey competition once again proved its popularity.
Early starter Patrick Greaney set the target, returning an excellent score of plus five but his hopes of a victory were dashed when Donald Blair came in with a score of plus six to lift the cup and prize money in excess of �100.
Over the Easter weekend there was also the Good Friday Mixed Foursomes which resulted in victory for Bob Cooper and Gail Chapman, with Bob commending his partner for her excellent putting on the day.
Easter Monday’s damp weather did not spoil the enjoyment for those competing in the Guildford Greensome competition with the mixed pairs event being won by Jim and Rosemary Woodhouse with a score of 40 points while Barry and Josh Manser secured victory in the Men’s event recording 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
On the national scene Alex Holmes competed at Stoke by Nayland in the pre-qualifying event for the 2012 EuroPro Tour and after a two round total of level par 144 to finish tied for 18th, successfully managed to book himself a place in the final qualifying event at Frilford Heath being held this week and all at the club wish him every success.
There was sadness at Forest of Arden last week when, primarily, Patrick Goffin failed in his bid to qualify for the final of the national Race to Dubai competition falling two points short of the final places. Regrettably also this was the last event in which Patrick will fly the club flag as he will shortly be moving to Australia to take up new employment and residence and his representation for the club will be sorely missed but no doubt one of the clubs in the Sydney area will welcome his presence.
- 1 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 4 Knifeman threatened to cut victim's throat if he 'grassed'
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Man throws bottle through house window in confrontation
- 7 'Public' swimming pool could have to shut after mystery complaint
- 8 Missing man found safe and well
- 9 Beds occupied by Covid patients at hospital increases five-fold in a month
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
Hopefully one day we will see him back. Meanwhile bon voyage.