Beeston trip faces L&Y
RUGBY: Lowestoft and Yarmouth travely to face Norwich at Beeston.
L&Y were let down last week by Campion who called off at 11.37am unable to raise a side. L&Y supporters and VP luncheon holders were lucky to have second-team action available for them to watch (see page 48).
This was the third fixture to be cancelled from an Essex side due to travel this season and five points is little consolation.
L&Y had 54 people sitting down for a luncheon and sponsors who had been looking forward to an afternoon of rugby, but they must look to this weekend where they face a Norwich side who have lost only once at home this season.
L&Y have the luxury of selecting from a full squad with the exception of Steve Powles, who serves the final week of his ban and will be available for selection next week.
The starting line-up shows a couple of changes to the side that were due to face Campion. Russell Wilkinson comes back into the engine room to partner Cashman.
The back row will consist of Steve Adams, Ryan Oakes and captain Marc Thomas at eight with Kristen Taylor-Crisp covering from the bench.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 4 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 5 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 6 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 7 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 10 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
Director of rugby Scott Nelson makes himself available after a week off to rest the fractured finger he picked up in the Bancroft fixture a few weeks back and Joshua Fewkes returns after a two-week break. Myles McAlone is also back.
Squad: Graeme Newton, Chris Howe, Jake Titterington, Russell Wilkinson, Callum Cashman, Steve Adams, Ryan Oakes, Marc Thomas, Russell Chapman, Scott Nelson, Josh Fewkes, Myles McAlone, Dave Palmer, Daniel Boardley, Brad Sutherland, Richard Bristo, Kristen Taylor Crisp, Tom Dare.