Big Tae Kwon Do event at Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
The 50th anniversary celebrations of the British Tae Kwon Do Association took place at Seashore Holiday Park in Great Yarmouth.
The event, which was attended by over 250 martial artists, was hosted by the Universal Freestyle Karate Kickboxing Worldwide Association. A host of highly graded instructors, including Soak Brian Dossett, Grandmaster Mark Trent and Gorleston’s very own Grandmaster Terry Nixon led a series of well received seminars.
Nixon taught Bruce Lee’s Jeet Kune Do and Kali Eskrima with teaching support from his son and student Conor Nixon. Terry Nixon received a Lifetime Achievement Award from UFKKWA for over 40 years of dedication to teaching martial arts at a high standard, showing exceptional skills and ability throughout. He also received a special trophy and was inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame.
Terry is a second generation Bruce Lee Student as well as being a Kali Eskrima instructor under legendary instructors Supreme Grandmasters Cacoy Canette, Diony Canette and Danny Guba. He holds one of the highest ranks in the UK in these disciplines as well as other styles which he has studied and practiced for over 40 years.
Speaking of his awards, Terry said: “I feel extremely honoured to have received these awards from such a prestigious martial arts association. It was an absolute pleasure to teach at this event and I’d like to say thank you to Grandmaster Mark Trent for inviting me to instruct. It was great to see so many people there who all had a passion for martial arts — I felt proud to be a part of such a great event.”
You may also want to watch:
Conor Nixon, who impressed instructors and students alike with his martial arts skills and teaching abilities, was also awarded the Martial Arts Hall of Fame trophy. Conor said: “I was surrounded by dedicated instructors and students — you could feel the passion flowing. All the students and instructors were phenomenal and I felt blessed to be there.”
Terry is currently developing a new community organisation named Positive Conflict Solutions which aims to increase people’s personal safety levels, health and confidence. If you’re interested in learning self-defence or martial arts visit www.positiveconflictsolutions.uk or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 7 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 8 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 9 Norfolk-based Brexit Party founder punished for Covid protest
- 10 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental