Big total of personal bests at Gorleston parkrun
- Credit: Archant
A near record 212 runners took part in the Gorleston parkrun on Saturday.
The weather was the best for some time which could account for the 36 personal best times that were achieved.
Special mention must go to event regular, unattached runner Anita Betts (VW60-64) who ran a best of 32.33 knocking 34 seconds off her previous best.
In the men’s event the in-form Dominic Neil Oliver (SM18-19) of City of Norwich AC was first over the line for the fourth consecutive week, finishing in 18.37.
Unattached runner Jack Ollington (SM25-29) was next in a new best of 18.45, and third was Jason Nicholson (VM40-44) of Massey Ferguson AC, Coventry, in 18.49, only six seconds outside his best time.
In the women’s event unattached runner Colleen Nicole Mukuya (SW25-29) crossed the line first in 21.45. Second was Nadine Heseltine (VW40-44) of Great Yarmouth in 22.24, and third was Tamsin Desborough (SW20-24) of Bungay Black Dog RC in 22.57.
The current standing in the men’s points competition has Darren Barnes with 557, Mark Stone of Great Yarmouth RR on 426, and in Nick Overy with 420.
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 3 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 6 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 7 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 8 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 9 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 10 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
In the women’s competition Claire Baker of Great Yarmouth RR leads with 552, Maria Ball has 545 and Elaine Stone 492.
In the best Age Grade scores, women again did well. Judy Potter (VW65-69) of Beccles and Bungay Harriers scored 82.90pc for her time of 26.25, followed by Karim Quaddane (VM 50-54) scoring 77.90pc for his 18.56, and Diane Pamplin (VW65-69) 76.71pc for 26.50.
Congratulations go to Michael Childs (VM65-69) who completed his 200th parkrun in 23.37, Lucy Fleming (VW35-39) who completed her 50th in 26.24, and junior Samuel Cooper (JM11-14) who completed his 10th in 29.04.