Bloaters and Greens chase cup success
East coast teams focus their attention on the Norfolk Senior Cup tomorrow, Great Yarmouth Town and Gorleston facing tough home ties for places in the quarter-finals.
The Bloaters, from the Ridgeons Premier, renew trophy rivalry with United Counties League King’s Lynn Town, who they pushed all the way at the Walks earlier this season before they lost their FA Vase clash.
The Greens, sights set on promotion from the Ridgeons First Division, focus their attention on a Dereham Town outfit who lead the Ridgeons Premier by seven points.
Gorleston boss Richard Daniels has made no bones about a top-three promotion finish in the league being his main aim of this season, but that did not detracted from the Greens’ fine run in the Vase.
They beat three teams from higher leagues before being knocked out by the Linnets at the Walks.
He, like his Yarmouth counterpart Paul Tong, must have early thoughts of an east coast final at Carrow Road if results and the draws go in their favour.
The Bloaters have had trouble converting chances and winning on their own ground, and their fans will be hoping that a change in those fortunes will see them in the hat for the next round.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 3 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 6 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 7 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
Both games kick-off at 3pm.
Other ties are Wroxham v Cromer (tonight, Friday), North Walsham v Norwich United, Norwich St Johns v Diss, St Andrews v Blofield, Thetford v Hempnall, and Fakenham v Norwich City (to be played Tuesday night).