Bloaters parade new signings
Great Yarmouth Town 4, Sutton Town AFC 0Five new Yarmouth signings started the game and two more appeared after half-time.By then, the Bloaters had established a comfortable 3-0 lead and never looked in danger against Nottinghamshire visitors, writes Gerry Brown.
Great Yarmouth Town 4, Sutton Town AFC 0
Five new Yarmouth signings started the game and two more appeared after half-time.
By then, the Bloaters had established a comfortable 3-0 lead and never looked in danger against Nottinghamshire visitors, writes Gerry Brown.
A trio of Portuguese players in the Yarmouth side caused considerable interest and excitement amongst the spectators for their pace, perseverance and creativity.
Jake Reed opened the scoring after 12 minutes, and four minutes later a second followed when new signing Martin Golder scored direct from a corner. On the half-hour a penalty from another new player, former Wroxham star Martyn Magee, easily beat the Stipes keeper who then produced a stupendous save at point-blank range, turning a Golder snap-shot over the bar.
The pace dropped in the second half but Yarmouth added a fourth after 70 minutes through Liam Bartley.
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 4 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 5 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Jailed in Norfolk this week: Soldier who raped child and man who stabbed ex
- 8 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 9 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 10 Stephen Mulhern comes to Yarmouth in tonight's episode of In for a Penny
Tomorrow the Bloaters are away to North Walsham (ko 3pm). On Wednesday, Lowestoft Town are at the Wellesley (7.45pm) following their promotion to the Ryman League.
'The Bloaters Mean Business' could be an apt slogan as Great Yarmouth Town seek to enhance their commercial connections. A networking group, Bloaters Business Club, is being established and an inaugural presentation is at Legends Bar at the Wellesley ground on August 4 at 7pm, all local businesses are invited.
Ring Lynda on 01502 733791 for information and to register.