Blow to Acle title hopes
Acle United 1, North Walsham 2THE Sterry Cup pace-setters reaped the benefits of visiting Bridewell Lane after Acle had suffered call-offs for the last five weeks which showed in the home side's performance.
Acle United 1, North Walsham 2
THE Sterry Cup pace-setters reaped the benefits of visiting Bridewell Lane after Acle had suffered call-offs for the last five weeks which showed in the home side's performance.
This was laboured as they struggled to make any impact against a visiting side who had the edge after they had drawn level midway through the first half, equalising Acle's early strike.
Acle pressed from the kick-off and were rewarded in the sixth minute when a good move involving Morgan Holdsworth and Hodds worked the ball out to Daniel Foreman. He unleashed a venomous drive from 30 yards that proved too hot for visiting keeper Kieron Fisk to handle as the ball found the bottom corner.
The lead was short-lived as Hamby centred to find Wilton free with the easiest of headers to equalise off the bar with the Acle defence flat-footed.
In a game in which Acle needed all three points they seemed second to the ball and out-manoeuvred in nearly every part of the pitch. Acle's consolation is that the exciting Nathan Thompson has finished his lengthy suspension and is itching to take his place again in the side who cannot afford to drop many more points if they are to realise their ambitions of silverware this season.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 8 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
Paul Wheeler made all three points safe in the 93rd minute from a controversial penalty.