Bohemians Galaticos go marching on at top of Norfolk & Suffolk Youth League
- Credit: Archant
After last week’s 3-1 defeat of Martham the Galacticos of Bohemians enjoy a healthy 11 point lead at the top of under 14 Division Two of the Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League.
Martham made the Galacticos fight all the way for their three points with two goals from Alfie and one for Tyler and William on target for Martham.
At the other end of the table 14 goals were scored in a thrilling match. Home team Burnt Hill managed five with strikes from Charlie, Jamie, Robbie, Matthew and Ben but Cobholm also wanted their first win of the season and four-goal Louie led the scoring honours with back-up from Thomas and Charlie with two apiece and Regan capping off the scoring.
Due to cup fixtures there was only one first division match and Worstead Wolves recorded an impressive 7-0 away win at the Kestrels of Gorleston Rangers. Thorpe Rovers moved up to seventh in under 14 division three with two goals from Joshua while Louie was on target in a 2-1 result.
Beccles Wasps kept their promotion bid firmly on target with a 5-2 away win at the Eagles of Gorleston Rangers to move up to fourth.
Waveney Jaguars travelled to Gorleston FC in the only shield match and returned home with a 4-1 victory. Cameron was a hat-trick hero for the Meerkats of Waveney, backed up with a goal from Oliver, in a 4-1 away win at Bohemians Galaxy who had Kieron on target.
The all-Waveney affair saw the Panthers defeat the Lions 4-1 with Harry on target for the Lions, and another set of Panthers from Kirkley & Pakefield had an 8-0 home win over Bungay Athletic.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 4 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 10 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
Beccles Town Hornets completed the under-14 action with goals from Adam and two from Alfie enough to see off AC Mill Lane 3-1 in the cup.
Progressing to the next round of the Under-16 Shield competition were Great Yarmouth Town after an 8-1 home win over the Barbarians of Kirkley & Pakefield. On target for the Bloaters were James, Sonny and Connor with two each and they were supported by Olly and Jack with Max on target for Barbarians.
Ben scored twice and Craig was also on target as the Titans of Kirkley & Pakefield edged out the Deltas from Stalham 3-2. Gorleston Hurricanes, with two goals each from Declan and Matthias, had a 4-1 away win at Bungay Royals.