Bowler's seven-wicket haul
WINTERTON'S Kevin Percival claimed 7-21 in his side's win over Great Yarmouth as they stayed top of Norfolk League Division Two.Winterton elected to bat but the Yarmouth bowlers found alarming bounce to reduce them to 15-2 from the opening 10 overs.
WINTERTON'S Kevin Percival claimed 7-21 in his side's win over Great Yarmouth as they stayed top of Norfolk League Division Two.
Winterton elected to bat but the Yarmouth bowlers found alarming bounce to reduce them to 15-2 from the opening 10 overs. Wickets continued to tumble but the old head of Geoff Roper kept the runs coming and his 33 was a significant contribution as his side were all out for 122.
Winterton's bowlers also found great assistance from the Yarmouth pitch.
The Yarmouth run chase at the halfway stage was 45-2 and the game in the balance.
Winterton skipper Percival brought himself into the attack and made the most use of the bowler friendly wicket.
Ben Utting, Richard Larner and Charles Lockhart claimed a wicket apiece for Winterton.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 4 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 7 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 8 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 9 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
Lockhart was particularly impressive on his return to the first team, bowling with pace and aggression.