Bowling duo set up Hemsby win
HEMSBY entertained Hingham on the Beaconsfield in Norfolk League Division Four and won by seven wickets. Colclough claimed five wickets, Hudson four to set up the win
Hemsby skipper Hudson had no hesitation in bowling first, having won the toss.
Hingham started well, putting on a 30-run opening stand before Hudson struck, getting a slower ball to grip and pop to catch the edge which was taken by Nicholson.
Hudson was well backed up by the fielders with some great sliding efforts, as well as some good bowling by Louie Smith.
Colclough came on following Smith’s spell with Hingham four down and was soon joining the party, getting an edge that was sharply taken at slip by Ryan.
Hemsby kept the intensity up and were taking wickets at regular intervals, Hudson finishing with figures of 12-4-33-4 and Colclough 8.5-3-26-5.
This meant Hemsby needed to chase 100 runs for victory, on a pitch that had been very hard to bat on.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 4 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 5 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 6 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 7 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 8 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 9 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 10 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
The Hemsby reply started steady with Ryan and Hudson putting on 22 before Hudson was bowled.
This brought Louie Smith to the crease and the pair put on 40 runs with some good shots and sharp running.
Smith’s resistance was finally ended by Weston, who was bowling beautifully.
Ryan kept chancing his arm and with some luck managed to get Hemsby to within 30 runs of victory before Weston bowled him for one short of his half-century.
Bradnock and Shepherd saw Hemsby home.
Bricklayers Arms MoM: Damien Ryan.
Hingham: S Guy lbw Hudson 9, G Motterham c Nicholson Hudson 18, S Hardy lbw Colclough 25, D Key b Hudson 0, P Allen b Hudson 1, D Reeve c Ryan b Colclough 5, C Edwards b Colclough 5, D Edmonds c Shepherd b Box 2, J Duclor c Shepherd b Colclough 14, J Dicks c Box b Colclough 4, D Weston not out 0; extras 16. Total 99.
Bowling: G Hudson 12-4-33-4, L Smith 6-1-28-0, B Colclough 8-3-26-5, M Box 3-1-8-1.
Hemsby: D Ryan b Weston 49, G Hudson b Dicks 9, L Smith b Weston 10, P Bradnock not out 10, R Shepherd not out 14; extras 8. Total 100.
Bowling: J Dicks 5-0-21-1, C Edwards 4-0-25-0, D Weston 5-3-3-2, D Key 2-0-23-0, S Hardy 5-0-21-0, P Allen 2-1-2-0.