Bowls title decided
Great Yarmouth and District Federation Bowls News from John VinceWITH most of the games finished, Division one champions this year are Martham A by quite a good margin, but the runner-up cannot be named yet.
Great Yarmouth and District Federation Bowls News
from John Vince
WITH most of the games finished, Division one champions this year are Martham A by quite a good margin, but the runner-up cannot be named yet.
Woodbastwick hold second spot at the moment, but with one team having one more game to play and getting the right result, they can be pipped.
You may also want to watch:
In the basement Hickling will be dropping out. Three other clubs in the danger area have yet to finish their programmes.
In Division Two, Northgate Hospital are champions, with Gorleston EBF having a good run-in and just pipping Ludham for runner-up.
- 1 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 2 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 3 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Sisters realise late parents' dream by opening coffee shop
- 6 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
- 7 Out There Festival 2021 begins today
- 8 Trainee probation officer shared intimate photos with convicted murderer
- 9 'I'm totally shocked' - metal railings stolen from Gorleston home
- 10 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
In the leagues, in Division One Martham A finished the season very strongly indeed with wins at Runham (5-2), Gorleston Conservatives (6-1), Fleggburgh Private (6-1) and then Halvergate Top Green at home (7-0).
Acle, beginning to close up fast, missed out on a close one at Runham 70-74 (1.5-5.5), but then made up ground, winning at Potter Heigham 92-65 (6-1) and Halvergate Top Green 89-54 (5.5-1.5).
Burlingham, having been amongst the front runners this year, will just miss out even though they had a 90-78 (6-1) against Potter Heigham, then just lost the return match 77-76 (2-5).
Filby A picked up a valuable 78-70 (5-2) win at a Hickling trying to stay alive.
Woodbastwick came away from Runham with an 81-67 (5-2) win and Fleggbugh Private had a very good result at Gorleston Conservatives 85-65 (6-1).
In Division Two the results confirm the position at the top, although Northgate went down at Gorleston EBF 77-82 (2-5) they had enough points to hold onto the leadership.
Gorleston EBF also won at home to Filby B (6.5-5). Filby B also suffered at Repps 60-89 (1-6) but then rallied to beat Caister B (5-2) at home.
Just a couple of reminders. I have the tickets for the annual presentation night, and club secretaries can now pay match fees, £33 Division One and £24 Division Two.