Boxer wins on debut
ALEC Lee of Kingfisher ABC, having his debut bout at Chigwell, won on points over M Singh (Chadwell and Corringham).Lee took the fight to Singh from the first bell, landing straight left jabs and hard rights and had Singh, who was warned for consistently holding, in trouble.
ALEC Lee of Kingfisher ABC, having his debut bout at Chigwell, won on points over M Singh (Chadwell and Corringham).
Lee took the fight to Singh from the first bell, landing straight left jabs and hard rights and had Singh, who was warned for consistently holding, in trouble. In the next two rounds Lee kept up the pressure and was still having a lot of success and again had Singh doing a lot of holding. In the last round Singh landed a few more punches as Lee got tired. This was a very good win as Singh had four previous bouts, winning two.
Tyrell Grey of Kingfisher ABC won clearly on points over J Kerrigan (Romford). Grey boxed well throughout the three rounds and was in full control, keeping Kerrigan under constant pressure and landed good crisp punches.
Jordan King of Kingfisher ABC lost on points to J Basi (Fairbairn). The first round looked good as he took the centre of the ring and was scoring well.
The second and third round Basi took control and was forcing King back and had him under constant pressure. King tried to fight back but had little success.
Connor Brunning of Kingfisher ABC had a skills bout with J Cillerier (Five Star).
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 5 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 6 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 7 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 8 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
Henry Potter of Kingfisher ABC also boxed M Lawrence (Fairbairn) but had to be pulled out as he was unwell.
At Romford, Paulius Macivleuilius of Kingfisher ABC, in a senior contest, was the clear winner against Jack Macca of Hornchurch ABC with a unanimous decision.
The first round saw Macivleuilius from the start using his strong jab and good combination work to keep Macca on his back foot. In the second round Macca came out at a fast and furious to try and counter Macivleuilius' superior boxing skill.
However Macivleuilius' better ring craft kept him out of trouble and mid way through the round Macca started to slow. Macivleuilius in the final seconds of the round caught Macca with a strong right upper cut.
The final round saw Macca trying to force the pace, but again Macivleuilius' ring craft and strength soon gave him the upper hand. Macca was given a standing count as Macivleuilius delivered a telling combination. Throughout the bout Macivleuilius was the stronger and better skilled boxer and was still fresh at the final bell.