Boylan century but rain denies Hemsby
Hemsby entertained Old Buckenham B in a rain-affected match in the Norfolk League Division Five which saw L Boylan hit a superb 134 for Hemsby.The Old Buckenham captain won the toss and decide to have a bowl, and Hemsby got off to a good start, scoring 20 off the first three overs before Ryan was dismissed with the score on 26.
Hemsby entertained Old Buckenham B in a rain-affected match in the Norfolk League Division Five which saw L Boylan hit a superb 134 for Hemsby.
The Old Buckenham captain won the toss and decide to have a bowl, and Hemsby got off to a good start, scoring 20 off the first three overs before Ryan was dismissed with the score on 26.
This brought Colclough to the crease, who was joined by Boylan after Hudson was dismissed in the fifth over with four runs being added.
Colclough was at his destructive best, hitting his 50 off 23 balls before being dismissed for 68.
Boylan then took over, hitting a magnificent 134 before being dismissed.
He was well supported by Shepherd (25no) as the pair put on a partnership of 152, which allowed Hemsby to declare in the 29th over with a score of 263.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 9 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
Hemsby managed to bowl 10 overs before the tea interval at a very resilient-looking opening pair for Old Buckenham.
Unfortunately this was all that was going to be played as, when the two teams headed for tea, the heavens opened, leaving the match as a no result.
Hemsby: G Hudson c G Anthony b Fitt 24, D Ryan c Long b Leadbower 6, B Colclough c Newbery b Hood 68, L Boylan c Hood b Newbery 134, R Shepherd not out 25, A Maxwell not out 0; extras 6. Total (4 wkts) 263.
Bowling: P Fitt 5-0-51-1, B Leadbower 6-0-58-1, G Anthony 6-0-73-0, G Hood 8-1-54-1, S Newbery 3.3-0-23-1.
Old Buckenham B: S Newbery not out 6, M Long not out 3; extras 7. Total (0 wkt) 16. Bowling: L Boylan 4-3-1-0, P Tilbrook 4-0-13-0, B Colclough 1-0-1-0, G Hudson 1-1-0-0.