Broadland defeated on milestone day for young duo
West Norfolk 24 Broadland-GY 7
Broadland and West Norfolk battled hard for the full 80 minutes on a special day for Sam French and Jake Clarke. Lock French reached 100 first team appearances, and utility back Jake Clarke had his first team debut after a dazzling performance with the 3rd XV last weekend.
West Norfolk scored first as they moved the ball wide for a converted try, although Broadland’s tackling could have been better.
Broadland responded quickly, as flanker Ed Dixon made a breakthrough, and worked down inside the West Norfolk five metre line. With the ruck set, scrum half Buckley spun the ball out, Si Ruddick and Sean Howley moved the ball on, before Stacey Ledgerwood crashed over to score (converted Murray).
West Norfolk extended their lead just before the half with a try, leaving Broadland trailing 12-7.
Broadland restarted well but West Norfolk were able to regroup. A break in midfield opened play up for West Norfolk to extend their lead. Broadland began to make changes with both Chris Hewitt and James Dudley joining the pack and Jake Clarke coming on to the wing. Clarke immediately got involved, with a chip and chase and although the bounce favoured West Norfolk, Broadland pushed them back. An overlap let a counter-attack slip through as West Norfolk scored their final try.
On Saturday Broadland host Ely (2.15).
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 6 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 7 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 8 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 9 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
- 10 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
Tries: S Ledgerwood. Con: Murray 1 of 1. Pen: Murray 3 of 3. Team: S Murray, T Barber, S Ledgerwood(Capt), S Howley B Collings, Si Ruddick, P Buckley, J Dwyer, A Payne, Mason, S French, A Morrison, R Ruddick, E Dixon, A Towfighi
Replacements: J Dudley (50), C Hewitt (60), J Clarke (62).
Comm Tech Man of the Match : Jimmy Dwyer