Bungay Marathon pb boosts London runner Baker
Great Yarmouth Road Runners
Andrew Baker has been doing the training with his wife Nicola as she is one of the club members taking on the London Marathon this weekend.
After all of the training, he took on the Bungay Marathon and obtained a personal best in a time of 3-55:40 on a marathon course which is less than an easy pb course.
Last weekend saw the running of the Bungay Black Dog full and half marathons.
The course takes a route along both side of the Waveney Valley from Bungay to Beccles on the Suffolk side and back to the Maltings Meadow on the Norfolk side, with marathon runners doing two laps. A
You may also want to watch:
ndrew Baker took on the marathon and finished in a personal best time of 3 hours 55 minutes on a course which is tough enough to complete once, but even harder the second time around.
Taking on the half marathon was Karen Manning, Pauline Richardson, Stephen Leeves, Ivan Lees, Mark Peach, Andy Peck and Michael Dale. Michael Dale will have been the happiest runner of all with yet another pb performance. Karen Manning also ran a good race only just missing out on a pb herself. Mark Peach did well just to get to the start line after suffering from man flu during the week and Ivan Lees did well as next weekend he will be running the London Marathon. In a day of near misses, Pauline Richardson also just missed out of on a pb by two minutes.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 4 Police close probe into 'terrifying' Armani armed robbery
- 5 Businesses shut by lockdown to get one-off payment of up to £9,000
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 75th wedding anniversary for couple who 'love each other to bits'
- 10 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
Full Marathon: Andrew Baker 3-55:40 pb.Half Marathon: Stephen Leeves time not known, Andy Peck 1-32:00, Michael Dale 1-44:45 pb, Karen Manning 1-47:27, Mark Peach 1-56:15, Ivan Lees 1-59:00, Pauline Richardson 2-02:00
Parkrun: 9 Matthew Buckoke 20:50, 14 Stephen Leeves 21:14, 17 Mark Stone 21:37, 35 Matthew Sutton 24:00, 36 Michael Dale 24:00, 51 Pauline Richardson 25:47, 69 John Bound 27:25 pb, 110 runners in total.
This weekend several members from the Great Yarmouth Road Runners will be running the London Marathon.
Everyone from the club wishes them good luck.