Burgess in great form to grab the league singles title
- Credit: Archant
The league championships started with the singles event. A strong entry saw some very competitive play.
Kian Burgess beat Aaron Marche in the first semi-final and Lewy Carby took out Paul Wright.
Kian came out fighting in the final and gave his opponent no time to settle and took the title in three sets.
In the league, St Johns have consolidated their position in second place with two good victories over Dynamoes 7-3.
They have 85 points from 11 matches closing in on MLENX, who are currently top, with 89 points.
You may also want to watch:
Gorleston Cons just managed to grab the match 6-4 when they met Mill Lane. Ashley Marsh beat Colin Fortescue in five hard-fought games and Rosa just lost out to Steve Rodgers in another five-setter.
Top dogs in Division Two are Kings B with 80 points from 12 games. They are followed by Yarcon B with 74 from 13 games while in third place are ENSFC with 71 points from 12 games.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 7 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49