Caister cement place in league
Scole 5, Caister 2CAISTER travelled to Scole which, on paper, appeared to be an easy game - however another poor performance resulted in a comprehensive defeat.
Scole 5, Caister 2
CAISTER travelled to Scole which, on paper, appeared to be an easy game - however another poor performance resulted in a comprehensive defeat.
Although all of the Caister players were up for the game and committed, they went 2-0 down very quickly after two glaring defensive mistakes cost them dear.
Jack Waite pulled a goal back with a superb near-post volley which demonstrated this young player's class and what an asset he will be to the club
You may also want to watch:
But another defensive error allowed Scole to go 3-1 by half-time.
- 1 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 2 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 5 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 8 Norfolk-based Brexit Party founder punished for Covid protest
- 9 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 10 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental
Caister pulled a goal back in the second half when the ball broke loose in the air to Nicky Crawly, who slotted home.
After a confusing back-pass decision Scole went 4-2 up when the ball was slotted past the unlucky Liam Sharp.
Caister continued to push forward to try to get back into the game, however, Scole hit them on the break to go 5-2 in front.
This was a very disappointing performance and end to the season, however the manager can take heart from the fact that Caister have cemented their place in Anglian Combination Division One and appear to be moving forward for next season.
The manager would like to extend his thanks to all the players for all their efforts and to committee for their support.