Caister fail to turn domination into points
Reepham Town 2 Caister 1
Caister travelled to Reepham and somehow lost an Anglian Combination Division One game they dominated from start to finish.
Caister took the lead early on when the lively Kieran Hack ran from the halfway line, beat several players and shot past the keeper.
Blake was then unlucky to see his header cleared of the line and Fitzgerald had a great opportunity that would surely have been taken if he had been aware of the time he had. Caister were completely dominating, however Reepham equalised when the unlucky Blake headed past his own keeper.
Flacman then made his only save of the game when the Reepham forward got half a yard. However, his looping shot was battered down by the Caister keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Caister completely dominated the second half with Fitzgerald going close, another shot cleared off line, Blake being free at the back post from a set-play and with five minutes left a Hack one on one just slipped past the post.
As the game moved in to injury time Joe Bryanton was pushed over in the Caister area.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 4 Police close probe into 'terrifying' Armani armed robbery
- 5 Businesses shut by lockdown to get one-off payment of up to £9,000
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 75th wedding anniversary for couple who 'love each other to bits'
- 10 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
The Reepham player fell over him and a penalty was awarded which gave Reepham a 2-1 victory.
It was a very disappointing end to a fine performance. However, as with the 1-1 draw with Horsford, Caister players need to kill games off when they have the opportunity.
MoM: Kieran Hack.