Caister fail to turn domination into points
Reepham Town 2 Caister 1
Caister travelled to Reepham and somehow lost an Anglian Combination Division One game they dominated from start to finish.
Caister took the lead early on when the lively Kieran Hack ran from the halfway line, beat several players and shot past the keeper.
Blake was then unlucky to see his header cleared of the line and Fitzgerald had a great opportunity that would surely have been taken if he had been aware of the time he had. Caister were completely dominating, however Reepham equalised when the unlucky Blake headed past his own keeper.
Flacman then made his only save of the game when the Reepham forward got half a yard. However, his looping shot was battered down by the Caister keeper.
Caister completely dominated the second half with Fitzgerald going close, another shot cleared off line, Blake being free at the back post from a set-play and with five minutes left a Hack one on one just slipped past the post.
As the game moved in to injury time Joe Bryanton was pushed over in the Caister area.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 5 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 6 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 7 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 8 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 9 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
- 10 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
The Reepham player fell over him and a penalty was awarded which gave Reepham a 2-1 victory.
It was a very disappointing end to a fine performance. However, as with the 1-1 draw with Horsford, Caister players need to kill games off when they have the opportunity.
MoM: Kieran Hack.