Caister let in three in crazy spell
Caister 4, Bungay Town 3
CAISTER entertained bottom-of-the-table Bungay in Anglian Combination Division One, knowing that it wouldn’t be an easy match in difficult conditions.
Caister started the brighter team and took the lead through an unlucky own goal after 10 minutes.
Caister went 2-0 up when Dan Dyble tapped in at the far post with the Bungay defence looking for offside.
Then came a crazy spell of play with Caister conceding three goals in 10 minutes.
First Bungay scored from a corner, then the lively Bungay centre forward broke through to equalise and finally Newby was beaten by a looping cross-come-shot.
At half-time a few home truths were told and Caister came out fighting.
- 1 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 8 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 9 Consultant maps his medical journey
- 10 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
Dan Bartram got the home team on level terms with half-an-hour to go and then with 12 minutes left put the home side 4-3 up.
Caister continued to press forward and once they were in the lead never looked like conceding.
A gutsy performance in the end and a hard-fought win in cold and wet conditions.
MoM: Dan Bartram for two well-taken goals.
There is no game tomorrow.