Caister must raise game
Mundford 3, Caister 1CAISTER travelled to Mundford hoping to pick up three points to boost their promotion campaign but they ended up losing this Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division Two game.
Mundford 3, Caister 1
CAISTER travelled to Mundford hoping to pick up three points to boost their promotion campaign but they ended up losing this Dolphin Autos Anglian Combination Division Two game.
Kicking into a strong wind, Caister had the first chances of the match when inside two minutes Holdsworth had two shots well saved.
But after five minutes Caister found themselves 1-0 down, a corner from the left curled straight into the goal.
For a while Caister were in disarray and Mundford piled on the pressure.
It soon became 2-0 when a free-kick taken from the halfway line was well met by a home forward who headed in from 10 yards.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 6 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 7 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 8 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 9 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
Bennett was unlucky not to get a goal back when he hit a quick free-kick that was well saved by the keeper.
Then Caister did score, Dan Crane getting on the end of a cross from the right and scoring from the far post.
This should have raised Caister's game, but within three minutes of scoring they found themselves 3-1 down.
A ball into the Caister box was picked up by an unmarked forward, who had time to turn and shoot into the net.
Caister stepped up the pace in the second half. But when they went down to 10 men after Crane was sent off they found the deficit too much to overcome even though they were unlucky when Jarvis had a “goal” disallowed for offside near the death.
Mundford thoroughly deserved their victory as they were the more determined side over 90 minutes, and Caister will have to raise their game at home against Poringland tomorrow, meet 1.15, kick off 2.30.
Any call offs phone Paul 07966178074 or Scott 07742823252.