Caister share eight goals
Horsford United 4, Caister 4DESPITE conceding an equaliser with seconds remaining of their Anglian Combination Division One match, Caister must take a lot of positives from it.
Horsford United 4, Caister 4
DESPITE conceding an equaliser with seconds remaining of their Anglian Combination Division One match, Caister must take a lot of positives from it.
They created a lot more clear-cut chances and on another day may have scored double at least. Their next game home to Gayton, meet ground 12.45pm.
Caister were again on the road again. Horsford started the brighter of the two teams for the first 10 minutes but Caister soon found their feet and produced some exciting football with pace down both flanks through Ward and Salmon.
Salmon should have opened the scoring when put clean through but he shot straight at the Horsford keeper.
Nicky put Caister one up with the first of his three goals then Salmon made it two, this time beating the keeper with an identical chance to his first.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 5 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 6 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 7 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 8 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
Horsford pulled it back to 2-2 due to some sloppy play giving the ball away cheaply.
Nicky then scored his second and completed his hat-trick thanks to some good work by substitute Deano.
Caister looked in total control at 4-2 then some more sloppy play handed Horsford a third and with only seconds left Caister had the chance to kill the game off by running the clock down in the opponents' half. But they tried to get a fifth goal and gave the ball away again, which allowed Horsford to score the equaliser with two seconds remaining, according to the official.