Camden hit six in top-table clash
Aston Shaw Great Yarmouth Sunday Football League
THE game of the day was in the first division where the top two clashed on the Beaco. But in a rather one-sided affair Camden Tavern ran out 6-2 victors against Great Yarmouth Town.
Windmill, who are the only side to boast a perfect record but have at least two games in hand, cruised to a comfortable 9-0 win against Acle Wanderers whilst El Sol move into second by going one better in defeating Star & Garter 10-0.
Gorleston Albion eased to a 6-1 win at Hembsy.
The second division sees the top three teams all sitting on 31 points having all played 12 matches.
Yarmouth White Sox lead the way on goal difference but had to work hard to beat Venture Albion 2-1. Martham are second after a 6-0 win against Lichfield Arms.
In third come Camden Tavern Reserves who boosted their goal difference with an 8-1 rout of fourth-placed Bohemians.
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 4 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 5 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Jailed in Norfolk this week: Soldier who raped child and man who stabbed ex
- 8 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 9 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 10 Stephen Mulhern comes to Yarmouth in tonight's episode of In for a Penny
Gorleston Rangers won 2-0 against Leisureland whilst Sun FC won 3-0 against Carpathians. Mariners Compass and Gorleston Albion Reserves drew 2-2.
Venture Albion beat Carpathians 6-1 in the second division.
Clubs are reminded that the scores should be phoned through by the home team to Glyn Gray by no later than 6pm on the day of the match. Failure to do so will result in a fine of �25 as per rule 11b in the handbook. Glyn can be contacted on 01493 651261 or 07504 991058.
Also all clubs have to submit a result card to registrations secretary Steve Bishop for any competitive match they play by the Wednesday following the game. Failure to do so will result in a fine of �20.
Results. Division One: Acle Wdrs 0, Windmill 9; Camden Tavern 6, Gt Yarmouth Sunday 2; El Sol 10, Star & Garter 0; Hembsy FC 1, Gorleston Albion 6.
Division Two: Camden Tavern Reserves 8, Bohemians 1; Gorleston Rangers 2, Leisureland 0; Mariners Compass 2, Gorleston Albion Reserves 2; Martham 6, Lichfield Arms 0; Sun 3, Carpathians 0; Yarmouth White Sox 2, Venture Albion 0.
Fixtures. Division One: Camden Tavern v Memphis Belton (B Russell, Beaco); Gt Yarmouth Town v El Sol (N Evans, Beaco); Rollesby v Acle Wanderers (W Hanson, Rollesby) Star & Garter v Windmill (A Russell, Burgh Castle)
Division Two: Carpathians v Camden Tavern Reserves (A Clark, Ormesby); Gorleston Albion Reserves v Yarmouth White Sox (G Gray, Mill Lane); Gorleston Rangers v Bohemians (R Manship, Mill Lane); Mariners Compass v Leisureland (R Stanton, Mill Lane); Sun v Lichfield (G Parsons, Mill Lane); Venture Albion v Martham (D Tozer, Mill Lane).