Canaries’ date with Gorleston
GORLESTON FC has lined up a prestigious pre-season friendly against Norwich City.
The Canaries will visit Emerald Park on Saturday, July 16 for their first pre-season game as both teams prepare for life in their respective premier leagues.
Kick-off time is expected to be 3pm. Further details and ticket prices are still to be finalised.
One of the reasons the Greens have been picked is because of the style of football they play, which is testament to the hard work manager Richard Daniels and assistant Mike Derbyshire have put in.
Gorleston secretary Ann Santon said she was proud the Greens have been given the opportunity to host the Premiership side before the Canaries fly to Germany for a pre-season tour.
“I have no doubts we will do them proud on the pitch,” she said. “I think now is the time to say a big thank you to our management team led by Richard Daniels and Mike Derbyshire.
“Not only did they win us two cups and promotion this season, but it is because they provided such excellent football during the season we were given this prestige fixture.”
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 8 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
“I keep mentioning pride but this season I cannot say it enough. From the under-11’s right through to the first team it has been fantastic to watch.
“I still cannot believe we are entertaining a Premiership side at Emerald Park, and hopefully by next week we will have all the details.”
City boss Paul Lambert commented: “Pre-season is all about us getting fit and the lads prepared for the big season ahead.
“All the games will put us in good stead.”