Carpenter grabs a 20-minute hat-trick to boost Reserves
- Credit: PA
A trip to Sprowston was in store for Acle Reserves, who defeated fellow strugglers, Sprowston Athletic on Saturday.
The game started with both sides looking to dominate. The first chance fell to the visitors. Robinson opened up the defence when he played a neat pass through to Tooley. With only the keeper to beat and personal confidence flowing from recent weeks, his teammates were surprised when he placed his shot wide of the post.
Minutes later it was Sprowston who almost broke the deadlock but their striker struck the underside of the bar.
A goal looked inevitable. Fortunately, it was Acle who netted first. A great run from Tooley down the left, found Tomasso on the edge of the box. Twisting and turning, he managed to get a shot away on his left foot and the keeper could only parry the shot into the path of the oncoming Robinson who made no mistake.
The lead didn’t last long as Sprowston striker Brock was allowed to run through the defence and slot home for 1-1 at the break.
In the second half chances came thick and fast. Then Acle once again took the lead. Robinson, this time the supplier, floated his corner into the danger area and from six yards out, substitute striker Carpenter was on hand to head the ball home.
Sprowston continued to press in search for an equaliser but with 10 minutes to go, Acle eased the pressure by putting the game to bed. Carpenter netted his second of the match, showing a touch of pure class. Marshall did well to beat his man on the right and played the ball into the box. With his back to goal, Carpenter flicked the ball up and on the turn, volleyed it over the keeper and into the top left corner.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 5 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 6 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 7 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 8 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 9 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
In the final minute Carpenter was able to earn himself an impressive 20-minute hat-trick. He linked up well with Tooley, who nodded the ball on for him to run on to. With the keeper to beat, Carpenter poked the ball home.
Acle Reserves: Purton-Turner, Stelzer-Hiller, Colk, Sadler, Hawkins, Roll, Tomasso, Robinson, Tooley, Marshall, Sayer. Subs: Deivydas, Copeland, Carpenter.
Caister Reserves are the visitors to Bridewell Lane at 2.30pm tomorrow for a derby tussle.