Champion results for karate group
THE Chinto Karate Group (pictured) took part in the Norfolk open championships last Sunday at Stallam.
In the 13 to 15 years kata section Louie Bateman won first place after performing a faultless bassai dai.
His success was followed by dad Richard, in his first competition competition. His strong and focused performance of kururunfa gained him a third place.
Jack Bell, also a newcomer to competition, gained two trophies, in the kata section where he earned third place and in the kumite – where after a good fight in the final he had to settle for second place against his black belt opponent.
Six-year old Tay Emmerson entered the mixed five to 10 years section, and demonstrated a strong performance of pinan sandan for second place.
Andy Norman of the B team fought well in the kumite team event and won a second place after competing in the final against the club’s A team. Reece Cannon and Finn Bateman also fought well and were unfortunate not to be placed after a good performance on the mat.
The group’s A and B kumite teams highlighted the day by securing a place in the finals where the A team landed first place. The A team members were Stuart Mangili, Nei Dyble, Simon Lang, Dee Smout and Nick Delf. Members of the B team were Andy Norman, Venetia Spink, Damian Crouch, Ali Watson and Chris Purdy.
- 1 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 8 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 9 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Consultant maps his medical journey
Anyone wishing to train with the chinto karate group can contact Tracy Pillar on 07780 832484.