Champions at seven-a-side
Cliff Park Community Middle School took their seven-a-side team to Aylsham to participate in the Norfolk Championship.They played teams from around the county, drew one match and won the rest to become Norfolk champions.
Cliff Park Community Middle School took their seven-a-side team to Aylsham to participate in the Norfolk Championship.
They played teams from around the county, drew one match and won the rest to become Norfolk champions.
They now have the right to represent Norfolk in the south-east finals, which lead on to the national finals.
Cliff Park achieved fantastic results over the day, scoring 10 goals with Connor Deeks the leading scorer with three. Only one goal was conceded, in their first match.
Team coach Richard Oliver said: “They are fantastic, and they played as a team really well. They are always supporting each other and give each other fantastic encouragement - that's how they've come this far. I know the boys have achieved so much up to now, but I believe this will not be the last you hear of this group of lads.”
This is the second time in three years Cliff Park Middle School has got this far.
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 3 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 6 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 10 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
Cliff Park Middle School holds the FA Charter Standard County Award which is part of the FA Charter Schools programme.
Its purpose is to encourage schools to use football to get children to participate more in physical education.
Mr Walsh, Year Six co-ordinator, said: “I think this displays how much the award has helped the school and the team.”