Chance to win boxing show tickets
Kingfisher Amateur Boxing Club competed at Clacton last Thursday.Their Paulius Macivleuilius beat S Hill of Billericay ABC in the junior class B Eastern Counties Championship with a good points win.
Kingfisher Amateur Boxing Club competed at Clacton last Thursday.
Their Paulius Macivleuilius beat S Hill of Billericay ABC in the junior class B Eastern Counties Championship with a good points win.
Macivleuilius dominated with some good boxing and hard punching. Hill was in trouble in the second round, taking a good three-punch combination to the head and did well to stay on his feet.
Hill had more success on the last round as Macivleuilius tired and was caught by two hard punches. However, Macivleuilius finished the round with a flurry of hard punches of his own to take him through to the next round of the junior class B Championship.
Curtis Williams of Kingfisher ABC looked unlucky to lose by a majority points decision against J Harris of Brentwood ABC.
Williams boxed well behind a high guard, and using a good straight jab he looked in control.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 8 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
Harris was swinging with both hands and had little success. Williams took the blows on his arms and gloves and countered well with crisp, straight punches.
Williams again showed his continues to improve with every bout but was unfortunate to lose on this close decision.
Danny May of Kingfisher ABC won on points in a junior class A Eastern Counties Championship bout against J Fraser of Haddenham ABC.
Both boxers liked to stay close, using hooks and uppercuts to head and body. When May stood off and used his left jab and straight rights he had more success, giving May the majority points win.
Nathan Smith of Kingfisher ABC lost on points to B Hopper of Harwich ABC in the class A Eastern Counties Championship.
This was Smith's first senior bout and he did well against an older, more experienced boxer.
Smith kept boxing and used good footwork to keep his opponent on his toes throughout the three rounds.
However, Hopper always had the edge and went through to the next round.
Kingfisher ABC's next show will be at the Ocean Room, Gorleston on Wednesday, November 26.
Dinner tickets for the show are available from the Ocean Room direct on 01493 667890 at £25 per person including a four-course meal followed by boxing - or boxing only £10 on the door.
See this week's Mercury for a chance to win two £25 tickets to the next Kingfisher dinner show.