Charity presentation the highlight of Acle IBC’s annual meeting
- Credit: Archant
Acle Indoor Bowls’ annual meeting was well attended and all officers were elected.
The highlight of the evening was a cheque for £1,100 presented to Louise Howlett for the charity REACH raised by the club members.
The accounts showed a very healthy balance with assets of over £23,000 and that the club rink fees of over £60,000 going to the Recreation Centre.
The club had three teams winning their leagues including the County Men’s Championship and on the previous day players had won both the County Men’s and Ladies’ Fours.
For those who wish to have a go at bowls the club are holding an Open Day on Sunday from 10am to 12 noon and also beginners classes will take place every Tuesday evening from 6.30pm, starting on Tuesday, May 2 for five weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is welcome, with free coaching and free use of equipment for a great family sport played at a friendly club.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 7 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 8 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney