Charity presentation the highlight of Acle IBC’s annual meeting
- Credit: Archant
Acle Indoor Bowls’ annual meeting was well attended and all officers were elected.
The highlight of the evening was a cheque for £1,100 presented to Louise Howlett for the charity REACH raised by the club members.
The accounts showed a very healthy balance with assets of over £23,000 and that the club rink fees of over £60,000 going to the Recreation Centre.
The club had three teams winning their leagues including the County Men’s Championship and on the previous day players had won both the County Men’s and Ladies’ Fours.
For those who wish to have a go at bowls the club are holding an Open Day on Sunday from 10am to 12 noon and also beginners classes will take place every Tuesday evening from 6.30pm, starting on Tuesday, May 2 for five weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is welcome, with free coaching and free use of equipment for a great family sport played at a friendly club.
- 1 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 2 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 3 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 4 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 5 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 8 Hospital death toll from Covid-19 passes 150
- 9 Bid for 33 homes approved as councillors rebel against recommendation
- 10 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks