Club members hit the road races
GREAT Yarmouth and District Club road runners were busy at two of the local races.
On Wednesday, three runners took part in the first of the Great Yarmouth Road Runners’ Five Mile Promenade Series.
Frst home, making a rare appearance in competitive races but training for the Great North Run in September, was Penny Studley in a time of 38:04.
Dave Drewitt, who rarely misses any races in this series, was pleased with a time of 41:34. A newcomer to road races was a younger member of the team, Tamsin Desborough, who clocked a time of 49:39.
On a very hot Easter Sunday morning, City of Norwich AC held their annual Trowse 10K with 424 finishers.
Amongst those were three GYDAC runners. Chris Gay, recovered from his London Marathon, finished in 45:30. Dawn Clegg and Elaine Haggarty ran the course together finding the hill, which is tackled twice, very hard – so they were pleased to finish in 1-08:40.
Four members of the club will be tackling the East Coast Triathlon on Sunday at the Marina Centre.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 4 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 5 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 6 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
- 7 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 8 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 9 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
Keelan and Kevan Pywell have had previous experience, however Adele Postle and Pat Brightman are looking forward to their first attempt, 250m swim, 16k cycling and 3k run.
There are several local races this week: GEAR 10K on Sunday at King’s Lynn, the Breckland 10k on Monday at Thetford and the second Great Yarmouth Road Runners Five Mile Promenade race on Wednesday.
GYDAC are now taking entries for their Humpty Dumpty 10K on Sunday, June 26 starting at Reedham Village Hall.
Entry forms are available from www.gydac.org.uk