Colleen wins Gorleston parkun with her baby in tow!
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
The latest Gorleston Cliffs parkrun provided ideal conditions for fast times.
An impressive tally of 72 personal bests were recorded, including Marc Evans (Great Yarmouth Road Runners) who finished first in 17.54.
He held off Thetford AC’s Kevin Vaughan (18.02) with Darren Barnes claiming third in 18.31.
In the ladies’ event the ever-improving Colleen Mukuya crossed the line first in 19.44. What makes this even more impressive is that she ran that fast whilst pushing her baby daughter in a buggy. She received plenty of looks of disbelief as she progressed through the pack, overtaking many of the faster men.
Second woman Penny Studley was pleased to run her second fastest 5K in 20.38 less than a week after competing in the London Marathon. Danielle Sullivan was third in 21.19.
You may also want to watch:
There were 50 first timers with 345 participants overall. Brenda Wilkinson ran her 200th parkrun in 30.59 and Maria Ball her 300th in 24.09.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 7 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 8 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney