Colleen wins Gorleston parkun with her baby in tow!
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
The latest Gorleston Cliffs parkrun provided ideal conditions for fast times.
An impressive tally of 72 personal bests were recorded, including Marc Evans (Great Yarmouth Road Runners) who finished first in 17.54.
He held off Thetford AC’s Kevin Vaughan (18.02) with Darren Barnes claiming third in 18.31.
In the ladies’ event the ever-improving Colleen Mukuya crossed the line first in 19.44. What makes this even more impressive is that she ran that fast whilst pushing her baby daughter in a buggy. She received plenty of looks of disbelief as she progressed through the pack, overtaking many of the faster men.
Second woman Penny Studley was pleased to run her second fastest 5K in 20.38 less than a week after competing in the London Marathon. Danielle Sullivan was third in 21.19.
You may also want to watch:
There were 50 first timers with 345 participants overall. Brenda Wilkinson ran her 200th parkrun in 30.59 and Maria Ball her 300th in 24.09.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 4 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 7 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 8 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 9 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 10 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks