Cup joy for Greens
Cornard United 0 Gorleston 4A NEIL Hurren hat-trick saw Gorleston through to the preliminary round of the FA Cup.The Greens emphatic victory on Saturday has earned them a home tie with Northampton Spencer on August 29.
Cornard United 0 Gorleston 4
A NEIL Hurren hat-trick saw Gorleston through to the preliminary round of the FA Cup.
The Greens emphatic victory on Saturday has earned them a home tie with Northampton Spencer on August 29.
Gorleston took to lead when striker Neil Hurren made no mistake Harman corner.
Hurren and Luke Goreham then had shots saved at the start of a sustained period of pressure.
The visitors doubled the lead when Taylor played an excellent ball for Hurren to beat the keeper with ease.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 9 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
The Greens started the second half with Ben Manning just wide from 40 yards before Hurren again went close.
Cornard were struggling and resorted to playing three up front, but the Gorleston back four were outstanding.
The home side did create chances and Steve Cannon made good saves from Clark and Kelly twice.
With Mills and Taylor controlling the game for long periods it was the latter's pass, which Hurren slid into Goreham, who tucked the ball away for his third goal in as many games.
Danny Scrivens came on for the tireless Wilkinson and immediately made an impact.
Thompson's superb clearance found Scrivens whose first time pass into the path of Hurren, was finished with aplomb to complete his hat-trick.
Oldham came on for Goreham and was unlucky with a last minute header from a Taylor free kick.
Team; Cannon, Kareche, Manning, Mills, Thurtle, Thompson, Harman, Taylor, Wilkinson, Hurren, Goreham. Subs; Oldham, Scrivens, D Heller, Clements, Einecker