Cup progress for young Greens
Gorleston U18 Youth 4, Norwich United Youth 3GORLESTON continued their progress in the Youth Cup with an excellent win against. This sets up an exciting encounter in the next round against Kirkley & Pakefield.
Gorleston U18 Youth 4, Norwich United Youth 3
GORLESTON continued their progress in the Youth Cup with an excellent win against. This sets up an exciting encounter in the next round against Kirkley & Pakefield.
Gorleston started the game strongly and went 1-0 ahead in the first two minutes.
A fine run down the right from Adam Rosati saw him jink past two defenders and slot the ball home past the advancing keeper from a tight angle.
Ten minutes into the game Gorleston went 2-0 up following an excellent move. A throw in and some shrewd passing from Ross Goodwin and Andy Hemp saw the ball break free to Regan Harman, who blasted the ball in the
- 1 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 2 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 5 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 10 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
Norwich United, resorting to the
long-ball tactic, put the Gorleston defence under some pressure, but they held firm.
The game then became a bit of a midfield battle on a heavy pitch and with two minutes to go, Norwich United pulled a goal back following another long ball to make it 2-1 at half-time.
Second half Gorleston were immediately put under pressure.
A strong run by Page in midfield saw him pass to Reeves to make it 2-2.
Within a few minutes of the restart Norwich United went 3-2 ahead.
A quickly-taken free-kick caught Gorleston napping and Page struck an unstoppable shot past Steve Hemp in the Gorleston goal.
The Greens pressed for the equaliser and were nearly caught on the break when Reeves was put through and his chip saw the ball hit the crossbar and rebound into the hands of Hemp.
With about 15 minutes to go Gorleston equalised when Harman broke free and cracked in his second of the night.
Both teams pressed and with four minutes left Gorleston scored what proved to be the winner.
Following an excellent free-kick from Goodwin, which was deflected off the post by a Norwich United defender, Gorleston were awarded a corner. From it, Harley Clements pounced and found the back of the net.
Despite racing into an early lead the team showed again a huge strength of character to come back from 3-2 down to win the game.
Another good performance from the whole team and a fine debut from new signing Lee Roscoe.