Daisey lands a boxing first

PUBLISHED: 15:31 04 December 2008 | UPDATED: 12:27 03 July 2010

Daisey Dugdale became the first Norfolk female to box for Kingfisher ABC in her Ocean Room bout against O Gibbs of Triple A ABC.

Both boxed well and landed good punches.

Daisey Dugdale became the first Norfolk female to box for Kingfisher ABC in her Ocean Room bout against O Gibbs of Triple A ABC.

Both boxed well and landed good punches. Gibbs was that little bit stronger and took a points win.

Sam Dugdale of Kingfisher ABC met M Cushion of Aylsham ABC in a shills bout. This gives both boxers experience in competition. As a result, no decision is given but both boxers get valuable experience.

Henri Potter of Kingfisher ABC met T Armes of Lowestoft ABC in a junior bout. Potter boxed well to win on points. He controlled the bout from the first bell, putting Armes under pressure with four and five combinations.

In the second and third round Potter picked his shots and kept cool under pressure, boxing his way out of trouble when he needed too.

Curtis Williams of Kingfisher ABC against M Hinson of Chelverdon in a junior bout boxed well behind his good left jab and picked his punches well. He looked good throughout the bout and is improving all the time.

Good punching and defensive boxing gave Williams the points win.

Reace Buss of Kingfisher ABC met J Wise of Chadwell ABC in a junior bout. Buss in his debut bout did well boxing the taller Wise. Reace never stopped coming forward but walked onto Wise's straight left.

At times Reace landed some good punches when in close and never stopped trying until the last bell. He lost on points.

Jordon King of Kingfisher ABC faced L Gilbody of Four Star ABC in a junior bout. King boxed well with straight punches and moved round the ring, never giving his opponent time to set up any serious attacks. King had a points win

Alec Lee of Kingfisher ABC against K Lewis of Lowestoft ABC in a

senior bout won in the second round when his opponent's corner threw in the towel.

The start of the first round had both boxers trading blows. Lee then changed tactics and stood off his man, catching him with crisp, straight punches.

Fifteen seconds from the end of the round Lee caught Lewis with a solid left hook that changed the course of the bout.

In the second round Lee kept up the pressure, catching Lewis with a mix of four and five combinations to which Lewis had no answer.

Caine Brunning of Kingfisher ABC met M Channing of Repton ABC in a senior bout. Brunning lost on points to the more experience Channing.

Brunning, who likes to counter box, was not allowed to by Channing who picked his punches and moved away. This frustrated Brunning who could not land enough scoring blows to take the bout.

Ben Savva of Kingfisher ABC against S Hedges of Repton ABC in a senior bout, lost a close contest to the heaver and more experience man.

Savva won the first round with good left jabs and straight rights. Hedges had a good second round as his extra weight told. In the third round Hedges, although Savva stopped most of the blows on his arms, had done enough to take a close points win.

They were given a deserved bout of the night award.

Dean Vann of Kingfisher ABC against B Clarke of Norwich Diamonds ABC in a senior boutwas having his debut bout for the Kingfishers and was victorious in a close points win. Both boxers used their boxing skills and looked for openings throughout. Vann had the edge and landed the cleaner punches.

Danny May of Kingfisher ABC against L Martin of Repton ABC in a senior bout lost on points in a hard, close bout - his second in four days.

May, fighting from his low style, tried to keep the bout at close range and had some success with punches to head and body. However, Martin scored well from long range and landed the cleaner punches.

At the Lyminton, Hampshire senior novice quarter-finals, Paulius Macivleuilius of Kingfisher ABC met A Ash of the RAF.

Macivleuilius' hard punching saw him through to the next round by out-pointing the Combined Services champion.

Macivleuilius took the fight to his opponent from the first bell and soon had Ash in trouble. Ash had to hold on and use all his ring craft to keep out of trouble.

In the second round Macivleuilius was again on the attack with Ash taking a standing eight count towards the end of the round.

In the last round Macivleuilius again did most of the attacking with powerful punches from both hands to get him through to the next round on December 6 in London.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury