Dominic takes table tennis title on countback
The Yarmouth Table Tennis League Divisional Singles competition for the second division attracted 15 entries, drawn into three groups.
Group One had three players scoring three points but on games for and against Gavin Brewer pipped Darren Smith and Dick Boyce by one.
Group Two saw Colin Fortescue unbeaten followed by Tadeusze – Alan Jones and Matt Current scoring two each.
Dominic Cutter was the clear winner of Group Three with John Smith, Liam Current on two each and Mick Wright and James Smith gaining one each.
Winners went forward to a round robin final. Dominic played Colin and won 11-7 11-5 13-11. Colin then played Gavin and won 11-8 11-6 11-7.
You may also want to watch:
Dominic then played Gavin and in an excellent match the latter won 12-10 11-6 7-11 11-7. On countback Dominic took the title with four games for and one against with Colin and Gavin joint runners-up.
With an entry of only seven players Division One was held as a round robin.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 5 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
Sean Molloy won all his games to top the section. Paul Wright Jnr and Ryan Moore took four each to become runners-up.
Lewis Carby scored three, Curtis Beales two and Wally Ladmore and Ray Lee took one each.
Lewis beat Paul 12-10 6-11 11-7 and lost to Sean and Curtis both in three. Curtis then beat Wally in three.
One of the most competitive games was Ryan versus Paul which the latter won 6-11 11-7 12-10. Wally narrowly beat Ray 7-11 11-6 11-9.
League results: St Johns B 8 Yarcons Sparks 2., Burrage 7 Kings Church A 3; Burrage 10 Yarcon Police 0 Burrage 2 ENSFC A 3. Yarcon Dynamos 2 Kings Church 8’ Yarcon Dynamos 2 St Johns B 8’ Yarcons Dynamos 8 Yarcons Sparks 2; Yarcons Dynamos 5 Police 5. ENSFC A 1 St Johns 9, St Johns 10-0.
Division Two: ENSFC C 0 Kings Church B 10, ENNSFC C 0 ENNSFC B 10; ENNSFC C 0 Caister C A B 10; ENSFC B 7 Yarcon Telecom 3; Broadland Sports Club 10 Tigers 0; Broadland 4 Mill Lane 6; Mill Lane 6 ENSFC B 4. Lions 6 Tigers 4; Tigers 0 Caister A 5; Yarcons Telecom 1 Kings Church B 9; Broadland Sports Club 5 Caister A 5; Kings Church B 10 Cliff Park Lions 0.