Dyball boxes his way to next round
BOXING: Kevin Dyball of Kingfisher ABC won through to the next round of the class A novice amateur boxing championship with a comprehensive win against J Vidler of St Mary’s ABC Kent.
In a close first round Dyball started slowly with Vidler initially taking the fight to him.
Dyball then picked up the pace and started to land telling heavy punches to head and body and soon had his opponent giving ground.
The second round went well for Dyball who was landing some good combinations for no reply.
Then mid-way through the round the normally aggressive Kingfisher boxer stopped throwing any decisive punches.
Luckily Vidler didn’t fully exploit the situation, only scoring with a few clean, precise, single shots.
Dyball suddenly came to life at the end of the round with a good, powerful combination of left and rights to the head and body that had the Kent boxer in trouble as the bell rang for the end of the round.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Gorleston traders remain positive despite cost of living crisis
- 10 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
In the last round Vidler came out fighting knowing he needed to scoring well to win the bout.
This, however, played into Dyball’s hands as he no longer had to go looking for his opponent.
Dyball’s strength increasingly made his presence felt, forcing Vidler to break off from any exchange of punches and move away.
Dyball kept the pressure on right to the end to make sure of the win.
And at the final bell the judges gave Dyball a 19-points win and a place in the next round at Peterborough on Sunday.