Early bowls surprises
THE Great Yarmouth & District Federation Bowls League has had a great start weatherwise.A small trickle of results has included some surprises, writes John Vince.
THE Great Yarmouth & District Federation Bowls League has had a great start weatherwise.
A small trickle of results has included some surprises, writes John Vince.
Acle opened their programme at home to Woodbastwick and the visitors took advantage of early form and went away winners 5-2 (83-80).
Acle recovered the following night, winning at home against Northgate 6-1 (102-60), but then playing their next match at Potter Heigham they went down �-6� (50-80).
Potter Heigham could not produce this home form against Burlingham and had to concede 1�- 5� (58-91).
Rollesby made a good start with a home win against Northgate 5-2 (88-75).
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 3 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 6 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 7 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
In Division Two, Hicklng got away to a flyer with a win at Caister B 6-1 (88-62 ) followed by a home win against Winterton 5-2 (101-58). Not such a good start for Martham B who lost two home games, against Ormesby 1-6 (58-78 ) and then Ludham 0-7 (57-94).