El Sol and Windmill fly the flag in FA Sunday Cup
Great Yarmouth Sunday League (Cliff Hotel)
Two representatives from the league took to the field in the FA Sunday Cup. El Sol travelled to Essex to play Sungate and thanks to a Mathew Anderson goal progressed to the next round with a 1-0 win.
On Emerald Park Windmill were hosts to another Essex side, Enfield Rangers, and also progressed wining 5-0. Scorers were Chad Pillar with a brace, Scott and Ricci Butler with one apiece and Chopper chipped in with the other.
Rollesby got to play the Norfolk Sunday Senior Cup game against Horsford United and had a 6-1 win.
In the County Intermediate and Junior Cup both AC Mill Lane and Belton United both had walkovers.
In the league Knockout Cup Breydon United overcame Allens Bar 6-3 at Burgh Castle.
In Division One Memphis Belton moved closer to Litchfield in the a mid-table battle with a solid 6-0 victory. Gorleston Rangers won 4-1 at Hemsby. Goals from Billy Gallent, Mike Thompson and Connor Alfred gave Gorleston Albion a 3-1 win over Carpathians which took them into a clear second place in the division.
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 6 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 9 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 10 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
In the two Division Two games, Acle Wanderers won 2-0 win at Seajacks, leaving Seajacks at the foot of the table and Acle a clear second. Leaders Tramway shared six goals against Windmill Reserves.
Blackfriars recorded their first win of the season putting six past Patriots with three in reply which leaves Patriots adrift at the bottom of Division Three. GY Galaxy recorded a 2-0 win over the Lord Nelson, goals coming from Bryanton and Goodrum, with this being their third clean sheet in four.
Clubs are asked to forward information so I can include it in this league round-up – Peter Futter.