El Sol and Windmill reach final
Hall Group Great Yarmouth Sunday LeagueThis year's KO Cup final will be between El Sol and Windmill, as El Sol won their semi-final 4-1 against Newtown Golfers.
Hall Group Great Yarmouth Sunday League
This year's KO Cup final will be between El Sol and Windmill, as El Sol won their semi-final 4-1 against Newtown Golfers. The final will be at Emerald Park on Thursday, April 23.
The first division remains a tight affair, with the advantage back in Camden's favour due to their superior goal difference, largely helped by their 11-1 mauling of Hembsy.
Morning leaders Archers went down 4-1 at Norton, a result which sees all three teams on 23 points. Camden and Norton have three games to play with only two for the Archers.
Sunningdale Boys recorded a good
6-3 win at Lacon Arms and they sit in fourth place, four points back.
- 1 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 10 Obituary: 105-year-old who outlived eldest sibling by five months
The second division saw Rollesby's improved form continue as they won a seven-goal thriller at Acle Wanderers, and as a result climb above them in the table and ultimately secure their status in the division next season.
Memphis Belton secured a good 3-2 win against Camden Tavern Reserves to climb off the bottom.
The third division saw Belton FC run out 8-2 winners at Rampart Signs and thus retake second place, whilst Crown Stores had a fine 3-1 win against Cantley Rovers.
Disappointingly, the Junior Cup final involving Windmill was postponed due to the state of the pitch and at the time of writing the league is awaiting confirmation of the rescheduled date.
This week the league would like to wish El Sol good luck for their Norfolk Sunday Senior Cup final against Marlborough at Carrow
Any clubs wishing to enter the league for the 2009/10 season are urged to contact the secretary, Glyn Gray (01493 651261), in the first instance. Any problems ring Scott Yarham (07901 825648).
Results. Division One: Hemsby SSC 1, Camden Tavern 11; Lacon Arms 3, Sunningdale Boys 6; Norton Athletic 4, Archers 1.
Division Two: Acle Wdrs 3, Rollesby 4; Camden Town Res 2, Memphis Belton 3. Division Three: Crown Stores 3, Cantley Rovers 1; Rampart Signs 2, Belton 8; Venture Albion v Greengate (P).
Fixtures, April 5. Division One: Hembsy SSC v Archers (T Webb) Hembsy; Norton Athletic v Sunningdale Boys (R Bradnum) Norton Subcourse.
Division Two: King's Arms Crusaders v Nothing Special (A Symonds) Mill Lane; Newtown Golfers v Memphis Belton (S Whitefoot) Mill Lane.
Division Three: Belton FC v Crown Stores (A Betts) Burgh Castle. Division Three Cup Semi-Finals: Venture Albion v Hembsy FC (B Russell, A Russell, R Manship) Mill Lane; Windmill v Sun FC (G Walker, G Gray, A Anguish) Mill Lane.
Norfolk Senior Cup final: Marlborough v El Sol (Carrow Road).