End of season awards handed out at Gorleston FC
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston held their end-of-season presentation night for the senior sides in the clubhouse on Saturday.
Chairman Alan Gordon gave thanks to all volunteers behind the scenes that keep the club going.
First team boss Ricci Butler, Reserves boss Scott Butler, Jason Croft, manager of the ladies, and Gavin Coe, speaking on behalf of Under-18s manager Stephen Balls, then gave out their thanks and thoughts on the season.
A representative from the Anglian Combination then presented the Division Four league winners trophy and medals to the reserve team players.
First award of the night was the Jimmy Jones President’s Shield which this year was awarded to David Hardy. Then Matty Potter presented Connor Ingram with the golden boot for being top scorer with 29 goals this season.
You may also want to watch:
Young Players of the Season: Reserves, George Parkin; First Team, George Yusuff.
Supporters’ Players of the Season: Ladies, Hannah Croft; Under-18s, Sam Wooldridge; Reserves, Ross Goodwin; First Team Joel Watts.
- 1 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 2 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 5 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 6 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 7 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 8 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
- 9 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 10 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
Players’ Players of the Season: Hayley Muir, Ladies; Max Woolsey, Under-18s; Jordan Stanton Reserves; Taurean Molloy, First Team.
Manager’s Players of the Season: Elisha Maher, Ladies; Sam Wooldridge, Under-18s; Ross Goodwin, Reserves; Taurean Molloy, First Team.
Gorleston Rangers’s 29th annual youth football Tournament in association with Specsavers Great Yarmouth will be held at Ormiston Venture Academy, Oriel Avenue, Gorleston NR31 7JJ on Saturday and Sunday, July 15 and 16.
Schedule: Saturday, July 15: Under 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16 and under 12 girls. Sunday, July 16: Under 6, 7, 9, 10, 13 and 15.
The Under 6 to 10 age groups will play five-a-side mini soccer. The under 11 to 16 will play five-a-side, under head height restrictions apply.
With over 160 teams already entered, early application is encouraged. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
For more information contact Chris Dunne on 01493 601256, email@example.com or visit website on www.gorlestonrangersfc.org.uk. You can find the club on facebook.com/gorlestonrangersfc or follow them on twitter: @gorlestonranger