Excellent weekend for Acle CC
- Credit: Archant
Acle started the season with a win on their return to the top flight of the Norfolk Alliance.
Playing at home to Sprowston they got home by five wickets in the 43rd over after bowling the visitors out for 200.
Australian all-rounder Jas Cheema scored 68 not out for Acle while opener Geoff Handley weighed in with 49.
Earlier Andrew Spaxman and Toby Adams both took three wickets in a solid bowling effort.
Handley was the star the following day as Acle cruised into the last eight of the Carter Cup. He made 105 in Acle’s total of 360-5 which was far too much for the Division Two side who were skittled out for 102.
You may also want to watch:
Acle A also won after making 231-5 against Sprowston A (Neil Moggan 64). The home side were then restricted to 156-8, with Rob Porter and Arran Dhesi both taking three wickets.
Acle travel to champions Brooke tomorrow while the seconds host near neighbours Martham.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 4 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 5 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 6 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 7 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 8 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49