Excellent weekend for Acle CC
- Credit: Archant
Acle started the season with a win on their return to the top flight of the Norfolk Alliance.
Playing at home to Sprowston they got home by five wickets in the 43rd over after bowling the visitors out for 200.
Australian all-rounder Jas Cheema scored 68 not out for Acle while opener Geoff Handley weighed in with 49.
Earlier Andrew Spaxman and Toby Adams both took three wickets in a solid bowling effort.
Handley was the star the following day as Acle cruised into the last eight of the Carter Cup. He made 105 in Acle’s total of 360-5 which was far too much for the Division Two side who were skittled out for 102.
You may also want to watch:
Acle A also won after making 231-5 against Sprowston A (Neil Moggan 64). The home side were then restricted to 156-8, with Rob Porter and Arran Dhesi both taking three wickets.
Acle travel to champions Brooke tomorrow while the seconds host near neighbours Martham.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 7 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 8 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney