Fast times at festival run
RUNNING: Seven members from the Great Yarmouth Road Runners went to Worstead for the festival’s 5 mile race.
The route goes through the local villages and the conditions could not have been better for fast times.
Neil Sibley’s marathon training must be going well as he just missed out on a personal best while pipping Jeff Helmore into second place in the club’s finishing positions.
Steve and Sylvia Dady also enjoyed the evening having run the race in excellent times.
Mark Mountain had a great run obtaining a pb, as did another marathon man Mark Peach who knocked off three minutes from his previous best.
Race times from Worstead 5 mile. Times yet to be confirmed: Neil Sibley 31:08, Jeff Helmore 31:14, Andy Peck 32:18, Steve Dady 34:42, Mark Mountain 35:00 PB, Mark Peach 35:18 PB, Sylvia Dady 43:35.
Last weekend saw eight Great Yarmouth Road Runners attempt the 5k parkrun along Gorleston seafront out of a bumper group of 97 runners. Peter Spandler has now completed 50 parkruns.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 4 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 5 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 6 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 7 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 8 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 9 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
Finishing times and places: Mark Thompson 18:25, 2nd overall; Andrew Baker 22:12, 18th; Micheal Dale 23:47, 29th; Pauline Richardson 25:37, and 46th; Dianne Crosby 27.13, 56th: Peter Spandler 27.36, 59th; Chuck Weigand 28:36, 70th; Bob Arnell 30:40, 81st.
The club has it’s half marathon on Sunday, August 14 starting at Gorleston Football Club ground.
If you fancy the challenge go to www.gyrr.co.uk for online entry.
Pictured are some of the Road Runners at Worstead.
Full parkrun results are on our website.